Monday 20 September 2010

Hi there!

Hello, my name is Steven Woodcock and I have created this blog as part of my OCA course, Photography 1: The art of photography.

I've never had a blog before, never felt the need or seen the point for one. I think it's that I don't like the idea showing myself off to the rest of the world. So this is a completely new experience for me, and it's a little scary, but I'm going to give it a shot.

A little bit about me, I'm 28 and have been taking pictures as a half-arsed hobby for a number of years now and decided that this year I'm going to start taking it seriously, really try to learn and improve. And I thought the best way of doing this would be to take some kind of course, but as I work shifts (I'm a maintenance electrician by trade) it would be impossible to attend a class or meeting on a week to week basis. So that's why I have chosen this distance learn course with the OCA, it will give my the flexibility to do things in my own time at my own pace, but still give me the motivation to get things done (hopefully).

So today is my first day, and I'm spending it setting everything up, getting everything I need, and having a read through all the paperwork finding out exactly what I've let myself in for. It looks like it could be a long road ahead, wish me luck, I'll need it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Steven. Your blog looks good: I like the banner picture and I can see you've done a lot of work already. Best of luck: hope to see you on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete