Thursday 25 November 2010

TAOP - Part 1 - Exercise 1 - Fitting the Frame to the Subject

This blog post is in relation to the exercise on Page 25 of the OCA Photography 1 - TAOP course material.

I realise it's been a while since my last blog, but fear not, I have been continuing with the exercises for the course, I just haven't got round to writing them up until now.

Anyway, back to the course material and the start of Part 1- The Frame. The first exercise in this section is Fitting the Frame to the Subject and it is all about fitting a subject in to the space in the viewfinder. For this I chose to photograph the log burner in my living room. It was a chilly night in early October so the fire was lit and I thought I my be able to get a few interesting shots.

After taking the four required photographs and trying various different crops, I decided on the one shown in image 5 (TAOP-part1-ex1-5.jpg) as I felt that by showing the surrounding fireplace it gave the fire a sense of purpose rather than just being an object.


If the thumbnail links are missing, view the full image on the Flickr Set for this exercise.

TAOP-Part1-Ex1-1

TAOP-Part1-Ex1-2

TAOP-Part1-Ex1-3

TAOP-Part1-Ex1-4

TAOP-Part1-Ex1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment