Friday 26 November 2010

TAOP - Part 1 - Exercise 8 - Vertical And Horizontal Frames

This blog post is in relation to the exercise on Page 43 of the OCA Photography 1 - TAOP course material.

As I have been I little behind schedule in my coarse so far (must try harder!), and having read through what the exercise entailed, I decided that to do this exercise in full would be far too time consuming. I appreciate the purpose of the exercise, that it is trying to get you into a certain way of thinking, in portrait, and how that this mind set will alter the way you approach your photography.


As a compromise I have gone through previously taken photographs, and selected some where I have composed the picture in both landscape and portrait formats. In each case they show the subtle differences between the compositions, in both the balance and the feel of the picture.
 
 If the thumbnail links are missing, view full images on the Flicker set for this exercise.

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-1

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-2

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-3

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-4

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-5

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-6

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-7

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-8

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-9

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-10

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-11

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-12

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-13

TAOP-Part1-Ex8-14

No comments:

Post a Comment